ClearSpring Pharmacy Prepares Therapies for the Ear, Nose, and Throat using Innovative Ingredients to Customize Medications.
LoxaSperse™ is an innovative powder excipient base created for compounding with active ingredients used for nebulization and irrigations. It is an ideal choice for multiple sinus and inhalation needs.
LoxaSperse™ is a blend of specially micronized xylitol with an optimized ratio of micronized poloxamers designed to improve dispersability and solubility of actives. These unique features allow multiple and varying active ingredients to be combined, including antibiotics, antifungals, steroids, antihistamines, and anesthetics. Most importantly, water insoluble medications can be made water soluble, allowing for a greater range of therapeutic choices.
LoxaSperse™ May Be Used For:
- Sinus Irrigations
- Sinus Nebulizations
- Sinus Solutions
- Inhalation Solutions
Benefits of LoxaSperse™ VS. Compounded Aqueous Solution:
- Improved dispersability of active ingredients
- All medications can be made water soluble
- Betamethasone, levofloxacin, and cephalosporins
- Greater range of therapeutic choices for nebulization and irrigation
- Multiple active ingredients with different solubilities can be compounded into one prescription
- Patient has only one out of pocket expense
- Enhanced therapeutic benefit through different modes of action
- Improved patient compliance
- Ease of use
- Prolonged beyond-use-date
- Patient can use medication for up to 180 days, rather than 14 with other sprays and irrigations
- Does not require refrigeration
- Easy to travel with
- Medication will not lose potency
- Contains Xylitol
- Inhibits growth of Streptococcus pneumonia
- Inhibits attachment of Hemophilus influenza
- Interferes with the ability of bacterias’ adherence to nasopharyngeal cells
- Contains Poloxamer
- Bio-adhesive characteristics
- Thermo-reversible properties
- Facilitates collagen synthesis and microcirculation
Click here to review the Technical Reports regarding LoxaSperse™.