The arena of specialty pharmacy focuses on high cost, high touch medication therapy for patients suffering from complex disease states.
For patients suffering from issues with bone health, the following medications are now available:
Unlike traditional prescriptions which are typically straight forward, specialty pharmaceuticals are complex medications requiring thoughtful care and consideration. They are often expensive and require patient advocacy to ensure patient affordability and compliance. As an integral part of the patient-physician-pharmacy triad, ClearSpring is committed to being with both the patient and physician through the entire process of acquiring these medications.
What happens after ClearSpring receives your prescription?
• We will verify insurance coverage and file the claim with the insurance company. Any co-pays will be noted and communicated to the patient.
• If necessary, we will work to obtain prior authorization (PA).
• We will provide financial assistance support to ensure that our patients have access to the medications they need.
• We will be in communication with both the patient and the physician within 48 hours of receipt of the prescription to inform them of the status.
• Once the prescription is verified, we will work with the patient to coordinate delivery details. We can hold the prescription for patient pick up or we can deliver directly to the physician.
• Upon receipt of the medication, the patient will receive a consult regarding their medication(s) which will include identifying any possible side-effects and how to contact our pharmacy should there be any further questions. If special support and/or services are needed to administer the medication, this will be discussed with the patient at this time.
• ClearSpring will partner with the patient and physician throughout the process. We want to ensure that the medication is being properly administered, discuss and report any side-effects and make sure the patient has everything they need to ensure compliance.
• We will implement an auto-refill program to ensure seamless therapy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our pharmacist:
ClearSpring Pharmacy – Cherry Creek
(303) 333.2010 phone
Please note that all Specialty Pharmaceutical prescriptions, regardless of where the prescription was received, will be filled at our Cherry Creek location. Prescriptions needing to be picked up at our Highlands Ranch location can be sent there for patient convenience or can be sent directly to the patient’s physician.